Minimise discomfort, bruising & swelling
- Apply ice packs or cold compresses to the treated areas on and off for 24 hours following laser treatment to help minimise discomfort, swelling and bruising.
Always protect your skin by wrapping the ice pack in a protective damp cloth.
- For pain relief, Panadol (Panamax/ Paracetamol) or if necessary Panadeine should provide adequate relief. Taking Panadeine on an empty stomach can cause nausea, so have something light to eat first.
- Sleep with an extra pillow so that your head is slightly above your waist level to help reduce swelling in the eye area. Continue to do this until swelling subsides.
- If it becomes necessary to stoop, bend from your knees only. Do not lower your head for the first 48 hours.
- The area treated is dressed with Duoderm Extra Thin (secured with Fixomull)
- DO NOT GET IT WET.
- DO NOT RUB.
- If you are told to come in the following day after your treatment leave dressing intact. Please make an appointment with our reception.
- If you are instructed to return 3-4 days after treatment the dressing should remain intact till the morning of your return.
- On the morning of your appointment remove dressing in the shower, then in circular motion cleanse area with Cetaphil using finger tips or makeup remover pads.
- Pat dry and apply Cetaphil moisturiser.
Come in for your appointment
PLEASE NOTE IF DRESSING FALLS OFF AND YOU HAVE NO REPLACEMENT PROCEED WITH INSTRUCTIONS BELOW.
Cleaning the area
Use gentle cleansers and apply Vaseline every two hours through the day to prevent crusting during the settling phase.
Avoid toners, facial scrubs, and potentially irritating cream (for example those containing retinoid/retinol and AHA) for 7 days.
Longer term instructions
It is recommended that you avoid sun exposure for 8 weeks following treatment to minimise side effects.
An SPF30+ sunscreen should be worn daily during this time (even on cloudy days). This helps to reduce the risk of brown pigmentation (increase in skin colour). If it does occur, it is usually temporary, but can take a few months to fade.
If you have any concerns at all related to your laser treatment, please do not hesitate to call us on 8833 3000 and ask to speak to one of the nursing staff.